I remember being amazed by the statement ‘God must be a Chemical Engineer!! ’, after completing my undergraduate studies. I realised that the statement was not just a motivational quote. As a student and then as a professional, I am highly impressed by the sheer versatility of chemical engineering. After getting both theoretical and industrial exposure from the best organizations related to the field, I can now say that, I stand at an important milestone in my career.
I moved to Auburn, Alabama in the year 2016 and currently I am pursuing my doctoral studies under the supervision on Dr. Carlos A Carrero. The main goal of my research is to study the relationship between the physicochemical/structural properties of zeolites and the catalytic activity in the upgrading of biomass, crude oil and natural gas. Initially, I will characterize and measure the activity of conventional and pristine zeolites to then focus on the modification of the acid character of such zeolites by incorporating different cations in both the internal and external zeolite’s framework. Zeolites are aluminium silicate made from interlinked tetrahedra of alumina (AlO4)and silica (SiO4), forming many different crystalline structures with catalytic attractive properties such as, large cavities, strong Lewis and Bronsted acidity, high surface area, remarkable thermal and mechanical stability, negligible solubility in water, among others.
Furthermore I am also the safety incharge of the lab.
- 2016-Present Graduate Teaching Assistant, Engineering Lab I lab instructor, Auburn University,
- 2015-2016 Manager, Technical Assistant to Site President, Reliance Industries Limited, India
- 2014-2015 Manager, Day Engineer, Reliance Industries Limited, India
- 2013-2014 Manager, Shift Incharge, Reliance Industries Limited, India
- 2012-2013 Manager, Shift Engineer, Reliance Industries Limited, India
- 2011 (March –May) In Plant Training, Indian Oil Refinery, Gujarat, India
Awards, Memberships & Service:
- ACS National Travel award – ACS Spring Conference, April 2019, Orlando, Florida
- Vice president, Society of Hispanic professional engineers, Auburn Chapter. 2018
- Graduate Dean’s Fellowship – Thermochemical Conversion Symposium, November 2018, Auburn, Alabama
- USRDECOM – PhD US students travel awards – 6th International Congress on Operando Spectroscopy, April 2018, Malaga, Spain
- ACS Auburn Universiy Students Chapter travel award – South Eastern Catalysis conference,September 2018 Atlanta, Georgia
- Sci-Mix Poster Distinction. CATL Division. ACS New Orleans 2018.
- Member, American Chemical Society – National and Local Auburn University Students Chapter. 2017 – Present
- Rated as Best Employee for the year 2013 In Reliance Industries Limited, PMD site.
- Received Reliance PMD Site Safety Award in 2014
- RTMNU University third topper in chemical engineering department,2012, India
- Seconds prize in Industrial defined problem (IDP) at Institute of Chemical Technology, 2011, Mumbai, India.
- President of Rotary Club (Social service organization) at High school level, 2006 India.
- Synthesis Of Adsorbents From Waste Materials Such As Ziziphus Jujube Seed & Mango Kernel. Pandharipade, S. L; Yogesh Moharkar, Raj Thakur / International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA Vol. 2, Issue4, July-August 2012, pp.1337-1341
- Developing a Raman Spectrokinetic Approach To Gain Insights into the Structure–Reactivity Relationship of Supported Metal Oxide Catalysts. Jorge Moncada, William R. Adams, Raj Thakur, Michael Julin, and Carlos A. Carrero, ACS Catal., 2018, 8, pp 8976–8986
Oral & Poster Presentations:
- Council of Engineering Graduates (CEGS), Auburn,”Dry reforming using metal carbides”, November 2018.
- Chemial Engineering Department open house event, Auburn, Upgrading natural gas using carbides” November 2018.
- Thermo Chemical Conversion Symposium. Auburn “Effects of alkalies on biomass upgrading” October 2018.
- South Eastern Catalysis Society (SECS) Atlanta. “ Insights on thermal stability of potential 2D V2CTx MXenes under different environments”, September 2018
- 6th International Congress on Operando Spectroscopy, Spain Malaga. “operando studies on methane dehydroaromatization (MDA) using Mo-ZSM-5” April 2018
- Auburn Global Change and FEW Symposium, “ In situ operando studies on methane dehydroaromatization (MDA)”, February 2018
- Council of Engineering Graduates (CEGS), “Methane dehydroaromatisation”, October 2017.
- Chemical engineering open house, “Zeolites for biomass upgrading” May 2017
- Listening to music
- Hiking and trekking